Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sea Lion Caves

These are pictures from our trip to the Sea Lion Caves on the Oregon coast and my first encounter with the great Pacific!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was taken inside the world's largest sea cave. It's only accessible by an elevator which descends 200 feet to the mouth of the cavern. The dark cave boomed with a chorus of sea lion songs and reeked of fish. There were about 100 sea lions inside the cave and 200 basking and playing out on the rocks.

Photobucket

Lighthouse view...

Photobucket

Wow!

Photobucket

Cormorants too...

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can hear the Steller sea lions bark and moan in these videos...





3 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

that last picture of you is the cutest i've ever seen!

SummerGraceMeow said...

These caves were huge and the pictures are really good! It really seems breath-taking. I can't imagine actually getting to be there. Yay!

KHouske said...

I like Sealions too! Can I come play with you guys? I swear I will be good; I swear! CAn we go to the rain forests next?